Migrate RTOS Applications to Linux
Porting legacy RTOS applications to Linux involves a series of steps, as follows :
- Establishing a Cross-OS Development Environment on Host
- Re-compiling the target code for new (Linux ) environment
- Development, Addition of new features & Debugging the ported code
- Improve the performance of migrated applications
Mapusoft , a global leader in embedded software re-use & interoperability solutions offers OS Changer® Porting kit to automatically migrate and re-use your legacy RTOS applications such as ThreadX®, micro-ITRON, Windows® XP/CE, VxWorks®, Nucleus® and pSOS® across a wide variety of Linux distributions and platform configurations.
- to view the supported , VxWorks® APIs
- to view the supported Windows® APIs
- to view the supported ThreadX® APIs
- to view the supported micro-ITRON APIs
- to view the supported Nucleus® APIs
- e to view the supported pSOS® APIs
Click here to download and view a short webinar on migrating a legacy application to Linux.
OS Changer Porting Kit – Advantages
- Allows you to easily move your RTOS applications to the Linux operating system, while saving you time and money.
- Makes legacy RTOS applications productive to enterprise the by allowing them to be developed and tested on Linux host platforms without a need for the target hardware.
- Improves the Linux OS by allowing additional features
- Can also be used as a virtualized test-bench platform for performing system integration testing of your application on a Windows/Linux host
- Provides development flexibility along with huge cost savings over manual porting.
OS Changer Porting Kit – Highlights
- Porting and development on Windows/Linux Host
- Enables Host based simulation, testing of real-time embedded applications
- Application is connected effectively at the source code level
- Offers permanent portability solutions that actually get your RTOS code to move to Linux and its variants
- Flexible, easy to maintain and better migration to a unified OS architecture allowing for easy future migration.
- Saves time, provides 80-90% portability requiring little code re-write on Hardware and Device Driver specific code
- Supports multi Process, 32/64 Bit architecture, UMP/SMP muti-processor
- Advanced thread pooling, Tiered memory pools and Tiered Shared Memory Pools features
- Load modules from Linux command line or launch from application via creating process
- Module can be broken into separate Linux processes with dedicated heap memory and kernel resources
Combining OS Changer Porting Kit with Linux OK kit™ provides a highly integrated development environment that combines RTOS and Linux applications development with optimization benefits:
- Statically create and reuse control objects from pool
- Statically create and reuse threads from pool
- Enhance performance without breaking Linux API compliance
- Configure target environment and resource requirements for various Linux kernel version and variants
- Use OS Abstractor®’s tiered memory pools to eliminate memory fragmentation
- Use OS Abstractor’s ability to recover from software fatal errors through a soft reset
- Use same Interface APIs within and across individual application processes
- API Optimization and Profiling
- Application optimization via custom Interface code generation
Related links :
White Paper : OS Changer: Protect your Software Investment