It’s not easy for developers to adapt existing embedded software to a new OS or enable it to support multiple operating systems without incurring high costs and increasing time to market entry. In addition to COTS embedded development tools, MapuSoft also offers porting, integration, support and training services to help developers easily migrate code from legacy platforms to the next generation. Following are some of the defined services that we perform to our clients.
1. Custom NRE service :
Customize or enhance MapuSoft product(s) to meet client need. This effort will be carried out by the MapuSoft’s product development team under a agreed upon statement-of-work between MapuSoft and the client. Support to product (including the NRE) to be provided under a valid product maintenance support agreement.
2. Remote Service Engineer :
A dedicated resources assigned to a client to carry out the work as require under the full direction of the client from MapuSoft premises. If client prefers, MapuSoft office will provide the necessary project management and administrative support. Engineer may require to travel to client’s site as needed to complete the project successfully. All travel, lodging and boarding expenses are to paid by the client.
3. Offsite Service Engineer:
A dedicated resources assigned to a client to carry out the work as require under the full direction of the client at the client’s location. If client prefers, MapuSoft office will provide the necessary project management and administrative support. All travel, lodging and boarding expenses are to paid by the client.
4. Extended Support :
Provided clients have a valid technical support, they can optionally purchase extended support for the NRE/service efforts that was performed by MapuSoft’s engineers. Extended support starts immediately after the performed service period and will be limited to telephone and email. If travel required, then the client has to purchase either NRE or service offerings above.
As the number one provider of embedded software re-usability solutions, MapuSoft Technologies is continually expanding on our existing products and the technology that drives them. We also aim to accommodate highly specific customer needs in a rapidly changing embedded world.
MapuSoft can extend the APIs coverage offered to meet your custom needs.
- Protect your software investment by re-using your legacy code on new platforms
- Use familiar APIs to develop new applications to eliminate the learning curve on the new OS
- Reduce time to market by migrating code to different platforms quickly and easily
- Our platform is highly optimized for each specific OS platform
- Eclipse-based host environment is available to port applications using OS Changer in AppCOE
Adding OS Support
MapuSoft can extend the OS Abstractor Target Module to support a commercial or in-house OS as requested to provide a standardized interface for your embedded development.
Using a standardized OS interface architecture will:
- Shorten the learning curve associated with adopting a new OS by using intuitive, flexible and standard APIs for cross platform development
- Protect software investment by enabling efficient software re-use across multiple operating systems
- Eliminate manual updates to applications when upgrading to newer versions of OS
MapuSoft’s platform provides advanced development features such as:
- Real-time enhancements and other OS programming features
- Unique process features enables independent development of complex and multiple applications
- Dynamic application reconfiguration and restart
By adding support for your in-house OS, you can:
- Make your application more compelling and valuable to your end users and customers
- Make your in-house OS more adaptable for your customers
- Leverage re-usable open source Linux & POSIX code to efficiently add feature rich services in a cost effective manner to your proprietary OS
MapuSoft also offers on-site and remote training classes to provide more information about using our tools.
- Remote training classes can be done online to fit your team’s schedule
- On-site training classes can be conducted at your site or at MapuSoft’s facilities
In addition to our COTS embedded development tools, MapuSoft offers full-service porting to complete your porting project.
With our porting expertise you will receive:
- Quick porting done by an engineer with inside knowledge about your old and new OS
- A turn key solution to get to market faster
- Less worry about the successful completion of the project
We are the porting experts!
MapuSoft offers a service to convert your Ada code to C/C++ and if needed, rehost the application on a new platform.
With our Ada expertise, your code can be converted and running on the new platform quickly. You can send our tech team your Ada code to run through our Ada-C/C++ Changer, or our team can visit your facility to do the work on-site if required.